Diary of a Demented Store Owner

Thursday 7 February 2008

Just In Case You're New, We Are Canadian

The internet has a tendency to erase borders, doesn't it? Tired of visiting a site and being unable to figure out where they're from.Probably Americans masquerading as Canadians because we have Neil Young (and not David Crosby), better beer, verandas and chesterfields, Smarties, hockey and we invented basketball, zippers and velcro (wouldn't want all you Americans 'hanging out, eh?!), and Superman (stop me if I'm getting carried away here- oh, you can't 'cuzz I'm Ed the Editor, eh?!) and beer cases with handles big enough to pick up with snow mitts. I know, it's not easy not being Canadian. But that's what we are. Here's a picture of the view out the back of Mikey's house tonight. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The heading was moot Mike- snow covered trees are only found in Canada
Dave

FusedLight said...

So then, you say that the trees out of my Minnesota House are mere poseurs? I'll tell you... we have At Least 20 kilos of Thunder Bay agate, 50 kilos of Thunder Bay amethyst, and a flat full of Dundas celestite! Not Canadian enough for you? I own shares in Tim Horton and drink my coffee out of a Tim Horton cup in the morning! Ha! Take that!

GcB

PS Did I mention the 60 kilos of Bancroft exotics in the basement??

PPS. Eh?