Diary of a Demented Store Owner

Tuesday 20 May 2008

No Cutters!


So, enjoying myself this long weekend, I went to Blockbuster yesterday to rent a movie confident that they had some. They did. Then today I went to the gas station to get some gas believing that a gas station would have gas- of course they did. Now, suitably pleased and mellow having watched the Sound of Music for the forty second time and with a full tank of gas, I went to our one and only stained glass wholesale supplier ( you know- the one that has been promising better pricing, bigger selection, no supply problems, etc) to buy some glass cutters. Guess what? That's right! They have no glass cutters! And haven't for several weeks. Honest, I can't make this stuff up...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that's their way of selling more bandsaws Mike! Unbelievable! I wish we had a proper free enterprise market situation here in canada, rather than this monopolistic and pathetic current situation. We need to see some of the American suppliers move up here!
Anon

Anonymous said...

I'm certain that they had lots of glass for kitchen cupboards.

Anonymous said...

I have glass cutters for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPD5ESP4rBk
Your friend,
Ray

Anonymous said...

I'm likely ignorant to all the details but what are the downsides to using American wholesalers? I'm uber:supportive of local retailers but even I have my limits when it comes to my wallet....

Anonymous said...

why do you buy from such incompetence?
B.D.

Anonymous said...

Does John and staff have any clue how much they are being laughed at and ridiculed? And how much their incompetence is hurting this industry in Canada?

Anonymous said...

It seems that every time that H screws up and you have the parts to tell people about it you get the most comments. I guess you're hitting a vein Mike speaking for those (like me) who don't have the courage themselves.
Thank God you don't need to be CSA Approved or they would try to stop you like they tried with the Saws!!!