Diary of a Demented Store Owner

Monday 13 June 2011

IT'S NOT JUST SAND, SODA ASH, LIME AND SOME OTHER STUFF- Part 1 of Possibly 7

It is now an appropriate time for Mikey to retell the story of Swiss Cheesed Glasswerks, a line of glass so magical and mysterious as to inspire awe in all those who come into contact with it. 
It is true that Swiss Cheesed Glasswerks is a wondrous product and the saga of its origin even more so, and yes, Mikey was there at the beginning. 
This retelling of Swiss Cheesed's beginnings comes in anticipation of some very big news to come- a disclosure so significant and earth shattering in its scope- only to be revealed at the end of Part 7 of this saga.
We begin our story...


How It Came To Be;
There are many qualities of artglass that are used in the production of stained glass. Most glass is made from ordinary sand and other stuff, which usually results in unremarkable glass. Because of my connoisseur glass standards of taste, and my love for my customers and this craft of ours, I was compelled to arrange for the production and importation of a superior line of artglass, a glass people would be in awe of, a glass so brilliant and inspiring, a glass with no equal. This is the tale of my pursuit of the perfect artglass. 
To begin, I arranged for the lease of 100 acres of fertile Mississippi River Delta waterfront land. On said land's shoreline, I installed a pair of stereo speakers so while the lilt sand of the headwaters of the Mississippi were forming, they could be properly serenaded by the sounds of music of our forefathers- music from Muddy Waters and Chester Burnett, from Zappa and Zimmerman. In this way I was assured that this sand used in the production of my beloved Swiss Cheesed Glass would be richly endowed with soul, energy and the passion of stained glass which we so love. I was also compelled to import thunder and lightening because I needed to empower this raw material of sand with the type of pure primal pagan energy that all great artglass expresses. ... to be continued

1 comment:

Doris said...

DUH......I never know whether to believe you or not but I will wait for the finale.

P.S..........I think I am being had, BUT I also expect a fun ride!